Skip to content

OUR HISTORY

TO DATE
Monguzzi & C. has 25 employees, including managers and staff.
The company still operates in its historic factory in Desio, with an average production of around 400 million pieces per year, exporting its products to more than 50 countries.
2019
September 24: Mr. Salvatore (Rino) Monguzzi (the third and last of the "Monguzzi brothers") also leaves the company for which he has dedicated his entire working life (and beyond!), making a decisive contribution to promoting and maintaining the best business relationships with all strategic customers and suppliers. Mr. Bruno Monguzzi continues the business, assisted by his children Elena and Davide (the fourth generation!), the new "Monguzzi brothers."

From November 12th to 15th, Monguzzi & C. will be exhibiting again at PRODUCTRONICA, Europe's most important electronics trade fair.
2018
In May, ICIM certifies that the QMS now meets the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 standard.

On November 4th, Mr. Camillo Monguzzi, a historic partner of the company until 2010, dies at the age of 88.
2016
The year began with a major reorganization of the production departments. By appropriately relocating various machines, a dedicated department was created for the production of standard products (lighting and costume jewelry), with the goal of further improving management and, consequently, customer satisfaction.
2015
At the beginning of the year, a new machine, designed and built in-house for the production of butt terminals up to 100 mm in length, went into operation.
In March, the opportunity was created and seized to exhibit at MECSPE in a highly visible booth.
2012
From electronics supplier to customer! Laser micrometers applied to production machines significantly improve production monitoring, while a dual-camera dimensional measurement system available for final inspection dramatically speeds up the inspection of complex small parts, eliminates operator-related variances, and simplifies data collection and statistical analysis.
Starting this year, Monguzzi & C. can also supply turned parts.
2011
An automatic testing machine joins the equipment available for final inspection. This investment significantly increases the number of measurements performed, aiming to achieve the "zero waste" target customers demand.
2010
After 65 years and a decisive contribution to the company's technological growth, Mr. Camillo Monguzzi officially leaves the company founded by his father.
2009
Two improvements have been made to the sales department: the website, which has been revamped in terms of graphics and content (new images show the wide range of shapes now available), and the collaboration with a sales agency. These improvements were introduced to introduce new markets to the potential of the unique technology developed in recent years by the technical office.
2004
The company returned to investing in control instruments and purchased an optical measuring machine capable of objectively, more precisely, and more quickly inspecting small parts, which, year after year, had become more complex, while simultaneously reducing dimensional tolerances. In September of the same year, confirming its overall good organization, the company obtained QMS certification from ICIM (certificate no. 3187).
2003
Mr. Bruno Monguzzi (third generation) replaces his father Ernesto and joins his uncles Rino and Camillo in running the company.
1993
The technical office (now equipped with CAD) designs and builds a new, more powerful machine for the production of small parts up to 3 mm in diameter (within ten years the number of machines increases to 7).
1986
The company began converting most of its wire processing machinery (50 stamping and bending machines) with the (successful) goal of producing small parts capable of meeting the precision requirements of the electronics industry (and beyond) for automated component assembly. To meet this commitment, it strengthened its workshop with the purchase of suitable machine tools.
1985
The production of round bars with truncated conical ends begins, allowing the company to enter into direct contact with the automotive industry.
1983
The technical department developed an original system for producing square-section contact pins with truncated pyramid ends for the electronics industry. Ten years and 20 machines later, the company is now one of Europe's leading manufacturers of square pins.
1976
The company decides to further expand and diversify its production and purchases, within 4 years, 9 bending machines for processing metal wire and strip.
1975
The company entered the electronics field for the first time, meeting a customer's request for the production of 1,000,000 terminals per day with 10 machines. The electronics sector quickly became the primary market for the company's small parts.
1946 - 1975
These were years of continuous growth during which the company: - changed its name twice (in 1954, with the departure of its partner, it became ANGELO MONGUZZI; in 1973, with the death of the founder, it took on its current name)
- expanded the factory several times until reaching its current size in 1970
- in the field of small parts, it produced brass pins for lamps and shirts, steel pins for wallpapering, etc.
- for several years, it dedicated itself to manufacturing locks for furniture and burners
- in 1957, it also ventured into the construction of cast iron gas stoves, whose production continued with excellent results for over 15 years (it should be noted that some stoves are still in perfect working order!)
- for about ten years (1949-1959), it sold its products on foreign markets (USA, Latin America, Greece, Czechoslovakia, Egypt, etc.) manufactured pin-making machines for their own needs.
Dating back to the 1960s, a historic order was received from the American company Sprague for the production of a product made of pure tantalum. This product, it was later discovered, was used by NASA to build the LEM, the vehicle used by astronauts to travel on the lunar surface during the 1969 expedition.
1937 - 1945
The company begins to grow and invest (new production machinery, a tempering furnace, etc.) to expand its product range (it now also produces stamped items for hardware, such as picture hooks).
1936
Angelo Monguzzi purchased the first machine for producing tailoring pins and, together with his brother-in-law, founded ANGELO MONGUZZI & C. The production facilities were located in approximately 100m² of premises adjacent to the home (the current finishing department). The production capacity was approximately 20 kg of pins per day, and the customers were retailers of tailoring and haberdashery supplies.